Invitation to a Breakfast Lecture
Guest speaker: Mr Chris Binnington
The process of adjudication is now firmly entrenched in the South African construction industry.
The timeline is relatively short under all standard forms.
- What must the parties place before the adjudicator to win their case or provide an effective defence?
- What will assist to make the outcome a success for either the referring or the defending party?
- How does an adjudicator go about making his determination?
- Should the process be documents only or can you insist on a meeting with the adjudicator?
- How does the process differ from an arbitration?
Please join us at this excellent opportunity to hear how adjudication can unblock projects that stumble when the parties enter a dispute.
Chris Binnington has been training in the field of adjudication since the introduction of the NEC into South Africa in 1996. He has acted as adjudicator in more than 30 disputes under all the CIDB approved forms of contract including amounts up to a billion Rand. He has assisted more than 30 parties to promote or defend a dispute referred to adjudication and wrote and presents the 1-day adjudication course which is used for admission to the panel of adjudicators maintained by the Association of Arbitrators Southern Africa NPC (AoArb). He is a member of the ICE-SA Panel of NEC Adjudicators, ESKOM, SAICE, Transnet and AoArb adjudication panels.
The event will be submitted for CPD Accreditation through SAICE.
Venue: Durban Country Club
101 Isaiah Ntshangase Rd, Stamford Hill, Durban, 4001 GPS co-ordinates – 29º 49’ 40”S, 31º 2’ 2”E
Date: Monday 12 June 2017
7.00 to 7.30 Registration
7.30 to 8.00 Breakfast
8.00 to 9.30 Lecture and Q&A
9.30 to 10.30 Networking
Costs: R400 per person, please book online here. (ICE and SAICE members registered as such on the website get a discounted rate!)
Please book and pay online for this event!